Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pea and Prosciutto Risotto

The first posting on this blog is about Pea and Prosciutto Risotto. I'm pretty sure it is low oxalate once I made some changes. It was also healthful and delicious enough that I wanted to eat it again for lunch the next two days. I doubled the peas and held back on the butter to make it a little more heart friendly, while eliminated the lemon zest (high in oxalate!) and parsley (also high in oxalate). I think the flavor was nice even with these omissions.

I don't want to re-publish the entire recipe and upset epicurious so I'll like to the site for the entire recipe but repost the ingredients here.

Pea and Prosciutto Risotto

5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice (12 ounces)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
2 oounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips
1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (2 ounces)

Of course we ate this with a big glass of water!

1 comment: